NEWS & MORE
Heather Penn digs into the Hartman case. As she tackles the inconsistency of the case against four young men arrested for a teen’s ’97 murder, and how the key witness couldn’t have seen what he…
To Fix Sports Journalism in Alaska Sports media has been kind of an afterthought in the state of Alaska. The state has limited connection with itself in this area, but there is…
A humorous protester stands in the cold to spread his important message.
Last weekend, University of Alaska Fairbanks hosted the annual Festival of Native Arts, an event that celebrates the art and dance of native cultures around Alaska and Canada. The three-day festival, located in the Davis…
Actual stories, made by real journalists are not out in the open like the rest of this content, they seem to be hiding behind a wall of traditional media expectations, and much too hard to…
However, I do enjoy the live video streaming that has recently spread world wide.
After reading the ‘Boundaries’ of journalism, an article on a recent Harvard panel discussion about journalism today, there is one word that comes to mind, pessimistic. The impression left is the journalism world needs to change…
O' The Places We Go
- RT @aaron_walling: Waiting to hear the winners for the contest, meanwhile the kids are enjoying limbo to music. #extremealaska
- DOES FEEL LIKE THIS Tracker w/Hugh atop Eagle Summit, Matt Hall in valley bound for Rosebud, and?? Glory.… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/831241421462003712
- SUMMIT FLASHBACK-- From atop, 2016. Amanda Byrd story. Up&coming Matt Hall. http://uafjournalism.com/2016/05/04/eagle-summit-personal-reflections-with-a-side-of-overflow/ #extremealaska #redlntrn #YQ2017
- HUGH CLIMBS EAGLE SUMMIT-- Neff inching up 3,600-ft crest, Quest's toughest test. Many dreams end here. #yq2017,… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/831237815497166848
- ARMCHAIR MYSTERY-- Let's hope Sebastian's wrong. Trackers only offer clues https://www.facebook.com/sebastianschnuelle/posts/10212282752369671 #yq2017… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/830989105030782978
- TRAIL TWISTS? Tracker putsSASS in Central. Standings reflect no arrival. Recent 20+MPH speed burst. Error or ride. #YQ2017 #extremealaska
- Unofficial SASS in CENTRAL-- Tracker shows Brent Sass in Central, trailing 3 hours behind Matt Hall. Bends in river kept Hall on go #yq2017
- Unofficial SASS in CENTRAL-- Tracker indicates Brent Sass is in Central, perhaps 3 hours behind Matt Hallm who's wisely resting there.
- BIRCH CREEK CHASE-- Matt Hall leads #YQ2017 by about 3 mi, with Sass a few bends behind, halfway to Central. COLD C… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/830809417956220929
- SAVVY VET DAVE--2017 Yukon Quest - Out of Dawson Feb 10 at 10:36 with 12 dogs! https://daltongangkennels.com/2017/02/10/2017-yukon-quest-out-of-dawson-feb-10-at-1036-with-12-dogs/ via @wordpressdotcom
- GEARING UP-- For another Extreme Team reporting season. https://t.co/MCg1dt7h8Z
- 2 CHURCH-- 4/24 Anch Unitarian Universalist 9am @redlntrn "Journalism, Justice & #fairbanksfour #uafjournalism https://t.co/QfIjui5kUU
- RT @spencertordoff: Asked about brain drain. Woodley: "Whoever comes in as your Chancellor needs to stay for a long time." #ExtremeAlaska #…
- RT @spencertordoff: Woodley says she won't be able to address the bill, but recognizes need to communicate with policymakers. #ExtremeAlask…